Here are the links that I would have posted in coming days, if I didn’t have to get rid of them now. The eEconomics videos will continue, and I may have a bit of economics that is divorced from politics to share. Enjoy. And happy Balemtime’s Day.
- Taxation is Robbery – Frank Chodorov. See also Lysander Spooner, on Highway Robbers. But you are never taxed just once. They hit every dollar multiple times, which in freedomland we call complete bullshit. Bastiat exposes the Tax Gatherer and logic of taxes here, and here is a bit on what income taxes USED to be like.
- Christianity may have some interesting things to say about Intellectual Property. When Christ copied those fish for the masses, was he doing something immoral, or is rendering resources nonscarce something that we all should emulate?
- After all of the hubbub died down about SOPA/CISPA/PIPA/etc.,
KingPresident Obama enacted CISPA into law via executive order anyway. It is only a matter of time before the most democratic means of communication and expression is wholly regulated and owned by the state and corresponding special interests. Unless, of course, developments like this continue.
- The banks no longer care if you rob them, and tellers are told to give up the money or face job termination. Why?:
In the old days, when Jesse James or other thieves robbed a bank, all the citizens would turn out to engage them in a gun battle in the streets. Why? Because it was actually their money being stored in the bank, not the bankers’ money.
A robbed bank had immense personal consequences for everyone in town. Today, nobody gives a damn if a bank is robbed. They’ll get their money back from a US government agency. The bank has become impersonal; most aren’t locally owned. And your deposit has been packaged up into some unfathomable security nobody is responsible for.
- THE BERNANK IS AN ALL-SEEING GOD OF MONETARY POLICY. Or not, at all. Go ahead, you try to dictate the price of water for everyone, or the price of anything really. Money is much worse, of course, as it is used in essentially all transactions. He will figure it out sometime, right guys? All it takes is a few more regulations and powers and our economy will ensure that everyone gets SOOOOOO rich by having more green papercotton tickets!!!!
- On that note, let’s be honest: the reason that the gap between the rich and poor is growing is because Fed policy favors the rich by a huge margin. Think about it. If the price of goods is going up and you have lots of dollars, will you mind as much compared to the guy who has trouble buying bread every month? Probably not…
- I meant to go through this and pluck out the worthy articles and videos, but if you are interested, I will let you do the same. A recent reddit post addresses minarchist libertarians and asks why they have not moved into full-blown anarchism. Worth a read even if you are neither, as it gives highlights of the ideology. I am still torn, only for practicality’s sake, but I am an anarchist through and through in principle (no, I do not mean Leftist Anarchism, but rather Voluntaryism or a moral type of anarcho-capitalism). I find Tolkien’s Anarcho-Monarchism similarly intellectually appealing, thanks to Hoppe’s Democracy: the God that Failed.
- Okay this one is kinda funny: How to spot a leftist. I wish they had one for righties!
- Reminder: Obama thinks he can kill you without recompense. The Left ignores it. Insiders believe that we live in a police state, and explain how Obama willingly allows torture (and defends the practice in court), while others show the Administration’s willingness to exile dissenters via no-fly lists.
- The albatross around the neck of the country’s ideology may not be the stupid youth – maybe it is the older folk, intent on having their Victorian, 50s American Dream moralities imposed on everyone else while failing to see that many of these societal norms are the reason we are in many of the mirey mucks we have to get ourselves out of today.
- The rule of unintended consequences means this week that banning plastic bags is killing people.
- The war on drugs is a war on freedom, and it has failed by all reasonable definitions.
- You get a check from the IRS for $160K, while you only make $40K a year. What would you do, libertarian????
- The DHS claims it can search any and all anything within 100 miles of a border. F*ck the 4th Amendment!
- Even Fed economists think the patent system is a crock of baloney.
- Every promise made in the passing of Obamacare is turning out to be false. Who is surprised?
- Reminder 2: NOBEL LAUREATE Paul Krugman is one of those writers with an agenda who is more dangerous than any criminal in our society. This recent article on him being the last “flat earth” economist cracked me up.
- The Civil War changed everything in America, and led us down the long road to the problems we face today with empire, the Constitution, and freedom itself.
- Capitalism is life itself. If you are interested in economics, check out this quiz. Try to guess the ideology of all of the answers!
- Reminder 3: Voting is predominantly done by the ignorant and easily swayed. It is, in itself, a silly practice.
- Obama’s SOTU addressed raising the minimum wage. It is a bad idea. So bad that it even is talked about in Idiocracy:
The intellectual reason is here:
I know Tolkien meant a return to the lack of “statism” that really started to get going in the Industrial Revolution when he uses the term “anarchy.”. But dammit, words matter, and nowadays, the meaning of anarchy effectively means “whispered men with bombs.”. We need a new term.
*whiskered. Cod Spam the iPad keyboard.