And The Man has been busy, indeed. The problem with me giving this up and starting again is that I can reliably know that either nothing has changed or things have gotten worse. I have a little collection about the goings on of the state I have been archiving for RIGHT NOW…
- If you are an anti-authoritarian in any way, they will crush you. By “they” I mean all conformist thinkers – from family, to friends, to strangers. And the state will definitely be spying on you if you read this blog or clicked that link. Sorry.
- A recent study interviewing citizens to determine their political biases shows that people who dislike drones and drone strikes tend to like them more when they learn Obama has done them. If this hasn’t the makings of a personality cult, I don’t know what does. This is how liberty will die – with thunderous applause about the man at the helm.
- When you imagine you are reaping long-term gains, you would be foolish not to consider the taxation you will incur from your investments. You would be very wise, on the other hand, to peg your investment decisions to inflation…
- The JSF has cost $1 TRILLION so far, and where it has failed nearly every test they have given it, they have simply lowered the bar so it does “really well.”
- Why no inflation yet?
- An insightful look into the personal net worth of historic presidents reveals what most of us already knew: you gotta be rich to make it…
- GOOD NEWS: You can re-sell your things at garage sales and on Craigslist. That is, the SCOTUS didn’t ban it this time.
- Franz Kafka and George Orwell were prescient in their understandings of how state security and surveillance would be run today, says top official. I thought that this breakdown of how a nation is transitioned into the Newspeak-y New Reality was completely conjecturous, but probably somewhat accurate.
- While everyone was going to town with little equal sign FB pics, Obama was protecting the corn lobby, notably Monsanto.
- Our fertility rate in the U.S. is declining. I mean to change that when I find the right gal, but you should too.
- Nothing has really changed with Obama as president, and he is clearly Bush III, despite things like this that all gave us the Hope Koolaid (that some still are drinking gallons of on the regular, it seems):
- The GOP spends lots of time whining and complaining about Obama being a Muslim and appeasing all sorts of Arab tyrants, betraying Israel and working against the U.S. interest. Serious, though, did you not see that last bullet? Nothing has changed. In fact, views of Obama in Pakistan are more negative than they were about Bush. There is plenty wrong with this president and his party, conservatives. Let’s stop making things up about Muslims to justify our own narrow worldview.
- And another thing, GOPers. Being pro-2nd-Amendment means being for the disarmament of armed forces and the disbanding of a standing army. It is not, on the other hand, to be obsessed with guns and want to force them into the hands of every man, woman, and child.
- Ok, I lied – some things have changed under Obama. Like growing protection of the super rich.
- Comparisons between what men and women make, when controlled for a number of factors like time in the workplace, time out for childbirth, and choice of profession, among others, drop to less than a 2% difference.
- Unemployment statistics have been fudged for months. There is a reason they don’t call the CBO and other government accountability offices The Office of Propaganda, or The Ministry of Truth – it would be too obvious.
- Some White House aides don’t pay their income taxes. But you should, because you are slaves, and they are masters – you will be punished and they will be ignored.
- A bailout you might have missed? The sugar bailout. Corn subsidies have distorted the sugar market severely (and lots of people’s bodies), so many farmers cannot make any money.
That will keep you busy…