- I have never heard of it (no surprise there), but in 1962, the U.S. government exploded a hydrogen bomb in low-level space, just like one of those sci-fi movies where the aliens get blown up as soon as they leave the atmosphere, while the little humans dance around and watch the explosions in the sky. But this wasn’t necessary and actually is a little scary…
- Abortion is the main issue of our times. But it is not the only issue, and personally it bothers me when people are single-issue voters on abortion alone (especially since it is clear by now that the Republicans only pay lip service o the pro-life base). In face, abortion isn’t even the only pro-life issue. Mark Shea is on it.
- Perpetual motion machines don’t work in physics, and they don’t work in economics either. Except you will never hear the latter from MSM or government types…
- Turns out somebody lied about the damage piracy is doing to the recording industry. When studies are founded by one side of the argument, shouldn’t you be a bit skeptical about them?
- In related news to the last, it seems the Obama Administration wants intellectual property to be defended by the government instead of the infringed upon. …Because of course everything is the government’s job.
- A recent “blow” against the pro-life movement does nothing to any of the arguments I have ever made. Fetal pain arguments usually get you on par with Peter Singer, not the pope, if you ask me…
- You have GOT to play some of these philosophy of morality games. They are something any nerd or moralityphile would love doing with their time…
- Not to brag, but at HFK, we have a GREAT priest. And he has started to post his excellent homilies every week. Check them out for some good intellectual stimulation and reflection on relevant contemporary issues.
- True Christianity is something it seems the world doesn’t want us to hear about. Manute Bol is one example of an unlikely saint you probably haven’t heard of for anything but his pop culture role. I am amazed…
- Mullets are officially illegal in Iran. Finally someone did it.
- Light makes you sneeze? That’s genetic.
- Recently in Quebec, a Catholic school won the right to teach ethics from a Catholic perspective. Tell me that doesn’t defy common sense. And get a load of this quote:”In a decision that sets back Quebec’s efforts to strip religion from the province’s institutions, a judge has ruled that the government showed Inquisition-like intolerance in the way it imposed a secular ethics course on a private Roman Catholic school. The ironic reference to religious zealotry in the pursuit of secularism came in a ruling that handed a victory to Montreal’s Loyola High School.” Sigh. The media just doesn’t get religion…
- Robins can literally see magnetic fields. I wonder what that looks like…
- Only six months until the greatest tax hikes in history. Great. Right before I get a real job…
- I love stories of real life badasses. Here are six soldiers who are cooler than you.
- Life is more like the videogame Fable than you might have originally thought: good can make you stronger and bad weaker…
- Sleep deprivation’s surprising effects on the human body. It is so strange that we willfully render ourselves unconscious for several hours each night.
- If you want smart kids, you need to have lots of books. How surprising. Some of these common-sense studies make me just tickled.
I hope transhumanism doesn’t lead to such rampant consumerism as this, but it probably will:
Lightning never strikes the same place twice. But it does strike two different places simultaneously:
Ain’t this world stunning?
Obama is not liberal, and even real progressives know it:
(I don’t condone any of these policies. Idiocy…)
Contrary to media opinion, Israel is not all bad. But contrary to Republican talking points, it isn’t all good either:
Speaking of which, war is hell. Let’s bring our boys home:
There is a new X-Man, one with 6 working fingers and toes. Oh, and it’s real:
Sometimes I want to be a gymnast:
Old Spice commercials are still the best thing to hit advertising that I have ever seen:
How is this guy doing this, honestly?:
Almost Live! was the best local tv show in Seattle ever. Absolute ridiculousness:
Gotta find those episodes somewhere.
Stephen Colbert, my favorite political comedian, out of character: