Oh-so-many notable happenings in the past week…
- Huckabee isn’t someone I agree with often. But if you believe that a fertilized embryo is a human being, as I do, abortion IS the number one issue on the political landscape. No other political talking point has claimed over 50 million lives since 1979. It is not the only issue, of course. But it should be the largest… And really what kind of a country is it where abortion is subsidized and smoking is criminalized? A mixed-up one, that’s for sure.
- Being a philosophy major is good, and being a philosophy major is great, but it is not practical to spend tens of thousands of dollars to get out and have no job. With the way the government has been lowering the bars to college for everyone, we have an inflated education in this country. Don’t be surprised, if you are a philosophy major, if you end up working at Barnes and Noble…
- Police state headlines –
- The TSA: Keeping you “safe” one illusion at a time.
- The “Justice” System: Ensuring the government is not held accountable no matter how it breaks the Constitution.
- Public Schools: Where your kid won’t learn anything but will be subject to hypersensitivity of all kinds.
- Let’s talk about what having lots of money looks like, say $1 billion dollars?
- While our economy is slowly starving, China’s central government has proven efficient at least for getting things done. Like building eerie empty cities to accompany large future populations.
- Dilemma: Protect the lives of millions of starving people at the risk of our DNA and possibly with a rise in cancer, or stand by idly and watch people starve because “natural is better”?
- Economically, things cannot be sustained the way they currently are. It is of course the fault of the government, for allowing us to take from some and give to others; but it is also ours, and our sense of entitlement that the politicians have given us.
Meanwhile, 1 in 4 Americans requires the government to tell them they can work to be allowed to do so.
- Yet it seems that our wise overlords will continue to try and continue to lie to us about what the debt actually means, and how the debt grows exponentially. Economic recovery? WHERE? The middle class is shrinking still, and the debt of the public in general has reached alarming levels…
- Note that Bernie Madoff is in jail for doing what the government has been doing via the Federal Reserve and then Social Security for decades. Here’s how: Pay people today with tomorrow’s money, when the population or stock market grows. People demand Madoff be put in jail, while they turn around and demand that the government sell out future generations for our comfort today…
- Still think I am wrong about the economy? Oil jumped over +8% yesterday. (You will hear that it is because of unrest in the MidEast. Ignore the propaganda. Our money machines are the problem, not world unrest…) Commodities markets were forced to close by 2 PM because the prices were rising too fast. Could this be it?
- Economics + morality = something I seem to be repeating every five minutes these days: You cannot do evil so that good may come of it.
- Walter E. Williams speaks of the dangers inherent in rule by democracy, and with the way things are going right now, you can see it as he does: we are practically begging for national bankruptcy.
- Could video games actually be GOOD for you as opposed to making you a psycho killer?
- There is a tunnel in Vietnam that could fit a skyscraper and already does fit a jungle and photography that words cannot describe. Book me a ticket.
- What’s up with all of today’s manboys, that glorify violence and being “cool” (i.e. acting dumb and yet tough), treat women like garbage, and defer responsibility at every turn? WSJ is on it.
- Two stories of faith hit me like a train this week. First, one of sports, faith, and recovery after a horrible accident. Second, a man slated to die for converting to Christianity in an Islamic country. Lord, give us all strength like these two…
Where videos are concerned, a few await…
Myth: Abe Lincoln was the best president ever. Possibility: Abe Lincoln was the worst president ever:
Classic Ron Paul gives the theme of drugs in under 2 minutes:
Wisconsin union protests: myth versus fact:
As a more fun video for the day, here is what 11 eyes watching a TV screen looks like:
Finally, a ninja slicing and dicing shadows: