Let’s play good/bad…
- Good: absolute poverty has decreased significantly in this country since the 1970s, and it is possible to even further anti-poverty without involving the government. Bad: people refuse to believe it, are ingrained with the idea that we need the government to redistribute the wealth, and are certain that the state needs to outlaw drugs or life would be chaos.
- Good: Bernie Madoff is still behind bars for running pyramid schemes, even though he is giving interviews. Bad: the government does the same thing as he did via Social Security and other programs.
- Good: Bradley Manning, the leak in the previous Wikileaks scandal, is still alive. Bad: we are treating him poorly in violation of the Geneva Convention and other international law by stripping him naked every night.
- Good: Uhhhh…. ummmmm….. Bad: Your college kids might be learning about sex toys in class via live demonstrations with women. (What is this world coming to when this is considered education?)
- Good: x-ray technology has improved vastly in the past few years. Bad: the ever-expanding police state wants to use them on pedestrians, mass transit, and by airports to keep you “safe” in contravention of the 4th Amendment.
- Good: inflation has ensured that my loans have pretty much stayed the same even though the interest rate is 8%. Bad: the policies of the Federal Reserve have led the IMF to re-think the dollar as 60% of the world’s currency, which could lead to a hyperinflationary event.
- Good: the rich are getting richer. Bad: the middle class is disappearing at the cost of globalism.
- Good: taxes are incredibly low on some companies. Bad: the taxes are lower than what you and I pay because the companies have clout.
- Good: Catholic teaching seeks the rights of the individual and can be said to frown upon public unions. Bad: most Catholics couldn’t care less what the Church says…
- Sidenote: why unions are bad by Walter E. Williams.
- Sidenote: I can’t decide which is worse, the government or the unions. Walter Block is on it.
- Good: it will be over in 2 years or less if the government doesn’t get involved. Bad: what I am talking about is an economic collapse that will probably start before the end of the year, as predicted by an experienced (former?) Keynesian economist/market oracle.
- Good: prosecution is considering the death penalty in the case of the abortion doctor that ran the house of horrors uncovered a few weeks ago. Bad: we still have the death penalty. (Violence begets violence begets violence begets vio….)
- Good: white people can now get scholarships for doing nothing, i.e. being white, like other minorities. Bad: it is ridiculous to continue giving people scholarships for things they cannot control.
This concludes today’s edition of good/bad. Stay tuned for some video updates…