Be Optimistic, Libertarians!
A few things of note this time around…
- Indiana lawmakers have passed a law giving you a right you should have already possessed: shooting a cop for unlawful invasion of your home.
- As it turns out, the depleted uranium rounds we have been using in the MidEast have effects far worse than just hitting civilians every once in a while.
- A better theory for income inequality growing exists in cheap credit expansion by the Federal Reserve. File under “been saying it for years.”
- It is possible that our technological advances have reversed the Darwinian process – to the point that we are now trending toward stupider. I think I believe it…
- I cannot decide: is the addition of animals to the fold a logical and fluid extension of the non-agression principle?
- President Obama would like a large increase to nuclear spending – a proportion that would put us in inflation-adjusted dollars, at the peaks reached during the Cold War. No worries though, nuclear weapons are totally moral.
- NYT: “If you don’t believe what the government tells you to believe, you are mentally impaired, science even proves it.” NO, REALLY. THIS IS A REAL ARTICLE.
- John McCain thinks that people are being ripped off by Comcast, since Comcast makes you pay for 50 channels at once instead of allowing you to pick channels to pay for. The irony is not lost on some of us, who realize that McCain has never said anything about our taxes being used to pay for all sorts of shit that we don’t want done. Who wants to tell Mr. McCain?
- The 5th Amendment is dead.
- One black American goes to jail for not paying taxes and being a part of the underclass, while another goes free to murder and steal another day.
- Shouldn’t only people who are net payers of taxes be able to vote?
- Here is why your friends probably have more friends than you.