The world keeps a’spinnin’:
- The U.N. seeks to control the internets this week. Innovation will always trump law, though, and you can be certain that if the New World Order succeeds, a new internet without any locus of control will arise. BUT, dear reader, Obama already signed an unprecedented secret cybersecurity bill that the NSA won’t tell us about. Here also. Cool, guys, real cool.
- Obama got the gay vote, by a huge margin. All because he said, once upon a time in an interview, that he supports gay marriage, after being against it for years. I believe that this issue gave him the election. Oh, but after the election was over, he said he won’t be seeking for any marriage equality anytime soon. Looks like the electorate proves the adage “a sucker is born every minute.”
- The inequality we hear so much about in this country is a direct result of money printing. It has nothing to do with the greedy rich and everything to do with corporate special interests.
- This country has 99 problems, and the debt is 98 of them.
- Warren Buffet called for higher taxes on the rich in his Op-Ed in the Ministry of Propaganda Newspaper yesterday, and all over the interwebs, economists are going to work on the guy. To keep current on these shenannies, be sure to visit EconomicPolicyJournal.com at least once a day…
- Surprise! Republicans are big fans of Judas. Taxes & abortion are posts that should be abandoned, many Repubs are saying. This shift is interesting, because it shows a complete disconnect between Republicans and their base. Republicans are despised because they are becoming so leftist, while their rhetoric is lip service to some halfway decent beliefs. They just don’t get that they are losing because they have moved from paleoconservative roots to sacrificing values for votes. It is sad to see, but exciting if the implications are the death of the party…
- Obama scrambled before the election to throw together an ad hoc “this is the way you murder people” rulebook before his re-election, in case Romney was given the Ring of Power. Funny, I don’t remember you obeying laws, much less some random binder of rules.
- Schools tracking kiddos get attention. The SCOTUS doesn’t know if warrants are necessary before cellphone searches. The NDAA is more dangerous than most Americans realize. This is only the beginning.
- Artificial growth of the money supply always leads to collapse; it is merely a question of when. 4 case studies here, several hundred in This Time, It’s Different.
- Airport security theater is making us all less safe.
- While he is being tortured and the world takes no notice, the world takes less notice at the Nobel Laureates honoring Bradley Manning. Solitary confinement is the closest thing to hell that we can imagine for human beings. And the U.S. practices it daily.
- Leftists think like girls, Libertarians think like boys. I guess conservatives just think like idiots.
- Gun sales (and stocks) are headed through the roof, but they have been that way for a while now. I am already thinking about a second gun!
- Check this patent out. Nope, nothing is wrong with the system, though. Carry on.
- An aging world is one that is dying in many respects. Japan is a hint of that aging, in which more adult diapers were sold than baby diapers last year. The economy needs you to have more kids, people.
- In case you have ever wondered who owns the Fed, here ya go. Pretty simple. And no conflicts of interest there, not at all. Also, Bernanke and the Onion go SO well together.