ALL THE THINGS!:
- I’ve never been big on sports, but I can’t quite understand why people hate Tim Tebow so much. Scratch that, I think it is the realm of those who like to sling mud on Christianity in the first place, because to me, the guy sounds incredible. Here is what the hype is if you don’t know what I am talking about.
- Reason 49238478883439 that Keynesians are wrong about everything: consumption spending has recovered completely to above 2008 levels. If consumption was all that mattered in the economy, we would be out of the recession. Instead, we are facing a deeper dip…
- Bill Gates has given away $28 billion of his own money since 2007, saving around 6 million lives. Meanwhile the U.S. government has given away trillions of other people’s money, killing a few hundred thousand. Marvel at the different kinds of charity in this world!
- The national debt means something. And here are some reasons you should care to an extreme degree. Your children and grandchildren will be someday paying taxes to support today’s state programs. The government is still bankrupt, and we have to face it. The times, they are a-changin’…
- A friend contended recently that the Federal Reserve was necessary, and that it stabilized our currency in a way the free market couldn’t. Fortunately, there is a study for that… But ultimately, the utilitarian analysis is unnecessary because the moral one is more persuasive. Printing money will damn the future for having to pay for the items we receive today. It is wrong.
- What do you think would happen to you if you stole $40,000 from someone? Probably more than 5 months in prison, which is what a TSA agent was given after stealing from a passenger. The state protects its own, and the standards are hypocritically low. Meanwhile, a marine biologist is facing 20 years for filming a pod of killer whales, from the same Justice Department who was involved in a gun running scandal that led to the death of many Mexicans, Americans, and federal agents. American Justice tastes like diesel mixed with tree bark.
- A 2012 status report on the economy: where we are and where we are likely to go.
- The War on Drugs is a complete failure, but it is still making many people’s lives hell, and for what gain? Is our society getting better or worse?:
Just consider – every 19 seconds, someone in the U.S. is arrested for violating a drug law. Every 30 seconds, someone in the U.S. is arrested for violating a marijuana law, making it the fourth most common cause of arrest in the United States. Approximately 1,313,673 individuals were arrested for drug-related offenses in 2011. Police arrested an estimated 858,408 persons for marijuana violations in 2009. Of those charged with marijuana violations, approximately 89 percent were charged with possession only. Since 1971, more than 40 million individuals have been arrested due to drug-related offenses. Moreover, since December 31, 1995, the U.S. prison population has grown an average of 43,266 inmates per year, with about 25 percent sentenced for drug law violations.
- It was Bush that intelligently uttered the line “Fool me once, can’t get fooled again!” He was wrong. The same policies that led in part to the housing crisis are on the way to inflating another housing bubble. Yet another victim of egalitarianism: all of us.
- Crony capitalism? Try 11 more Solyndras that Obama poured money into:
- You have to be dumber than a certain amount to be a cop. Explains so much, doesn’t it?
- The income gap is explained away with income mobility, but you will never hear that on the tv.
- I get a real kick out of the argument that libertarianism is racist. Because it is statism that has systemically encouraged, legalized, and mandated racism, and freedom is the opposite of racism.
- Remember that childish rant by Elizabeth Warren? Turns out, the same logic could be extended to justify your dog owning your house. Yeahhhh….