Book Review: Papal Teaching on Private Property – 1891 to 1981
Some light, some heavy, here are things I have run across lately that are worth the note…
- If you run around in circles of state idiots like most of us do today, you will hear about how “taxes used to be 90% on the rich!” It isn’t true, plain and simple.
- Will the state’s inefficiencies take care of its implementation of technological advances being made in the world? After reading this, you will hope so…
- They are spying on us, you know. So let’s just hope that inefficiency rules the times…
- In the EU, you are now entitled to MORE vacation if you get sick on yours – by law. The effect of this is likely many-pronged, but you can be sure of one thing – costs for all employers will rise.
- I criticize our democracy quite often, but the question is: do we even have a democracy, or is it a democratic republic of tyranny?
- How would law work without the state?
- On Facebook, there is a page called “We Survived Bush, We Will Survive Obama.” But that isn’t true around the world. Our presidents have many victims, and they should be remembered.
- Think you know wine? You probably don’t.
- Weed is a Schedule I drug, despite being relatively harmless compared to the other Schedule I drugs. The DEA recently found this out, in stark contrast to their policies.
- Chesterton wrote often of the tendency of the rich to live as they like, despite silly things like Church Teaching. Melinda Gates proves it is true, last week, in donating over $500 million worth of birth control all over the world. Eugenics never dies.
- A court in Germany recently banned circumcision. Jews just can’t catch a break in that country, I guess.
- The SCOTUS is hearing a case that could change everything about what the word “property” means to Americans. It is scary, and could create corporatist-communism overnight, depending on how the ruling goes.
- The Obamacare ruling was worse than Obamacare itself.
- Rothbard’s The Case Against the Fed.
- Hazlitt’s The Road to Totalitarianism.