Things from all over!
- How far have our leaders moved down the path of apathy to evil? Robert Gibbs exemplifies the carelessness with which the Obama team murders civilian children if they have a bad father. This is something most of us already know (though few condemn), since the practice of drone-bombing funerals and weddings is still on the table for these people. Culture of death, indeed.
- The economy sucks, as everyone knows. The solution for many has been the printing of money, via bailouts and stimulus, QE1, QE2, Operation Twist, and now QEternal. It will not work, and it will destroy us.
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki had nothing to do with strategy. The evil was pointless and unneeded, even by admission of the top aides and generals of the time.
- If you have ever heard the shenanigans about women making less than men in this country, it isn’t true.
- Probably the second-greatest mystery about human beings (consciousness would be number 1), is why we need sleep. It’s weird, and they can’t figure it out, other than to say we need sleep because “we get very, very tired.“
- Welfare spending is up 32% in the last 4 years. Great success! FORWARDDDDD!
- The economic freedom of the U.S. plummeted in this year’s rankings. Third world here we come. Oh, and from the same site, taxes won’t help – they are already too high.
- Very quietly, the NDAA indefinite detention provision was re-instated after being previously struck down by a federal court judge. Count this one as a win for Constitution haters of all stripes.
- The JSF program, creating a VTOL super-fighter airplane, is a superfluous failure by all reasonable standards. The cost of the failure? $1 trillion, or more than all of Australia.
- Using modal logic, Kurt Godel “proved” God’s existence, after proving that math can’t solve every problem and systems can’t be relied on to verify their own consistency. Best. Mathematician. Ever.
- The TSA is still blowing it too, putting people on no-fly lists without due process of law. Spoiler: This war on terror will not end until we have a total state.
- In re: to the Liberalism Doesn’t Work, You Ponce posts, for the history buffs, here is a tidbit on FDR I found to be worthy.
- No free online education, if you’re from the lands of Minnesota. You see, the state wants a monopoly on that bidness.
That is all for now. Happy Thursday, y’all.