- Thesis: there is no good argument for democracy; it is all faith.
- “Fascist” is a pretty common political insult in modern times. But it seems we do have our own Hitler-isms that fewer and fewer people are ashamed of any more. For example:
He suspended the gold standard, embarked on huge public works programs like Autobahns, protected industry from foreign competition, expanded credit, instituted jobs programs, bullied the private sector on prices and production decisions, vastly expanded the military, enforced capital controls, instituted family planning, penalized smoking, brought about national health care and unemployment insurance, imposed education standards, and eventually ran huge deficits. The Nazi interventionist program was essential to the regime’s rejection of the market economy and its embrace of socialism in one country.
- The anti-wealthy are winning: 13% less $200,000+ salaries since 2009, 39% less $1,000,000+ salaries, and 55% less $10,000,000+ salaries. Good! you might think. Unfortunately, tax revenues might be declining because of it…
- All this economic goodness the government is doing has resulted in the highest black unemployment rates since 1984. Good job Obama, helping out the community! Walter Williams follows up.
- Janet Napolitano came out this week saying that the TSA isn’t a power-hungry rights violator. False.
- Something like 43 people killed by drive-by shootings in NYC over the long weekend. The government solution? Take away guns. Here is a short note on why that is ridiculous.
- Regulations kill growth. Even The One admits it.
- A new bill proposed in California would require people who hire babysitters to pay at least minimum wage to any sitter over the age of 18 (unless it is a family member), provide a substitute caregiver every two hours to cover rest and meal breaks, in addition to workers’ compensation coverage, overtime pay, and a meticulously calculated timecard/paycheck. WTF, people?!
- If you don’t know already, intellectual property is getting to be ridiculous in Sweden, with prison time and other criminal punishments. Turns out, it isn’t just war that is being exported by American foreign policy pushiness.
- Accusations of racism, sexism, and xenophobia lurk under the thin skin of most leftists that you disagree with to the point that they can no longer argue rationally any more. Here is a new one that sounds like a joke: “look-ism.” A real winner:
‘Lookism’, it is claimed, is the new racism, and should be banished from civilised societies. It is currently the subject of several court actions in America, and some experts say similar cases should be considered here too. Economist Daniel Hamermesh argues that ugliness is no different from race or a disability, and suggests unattractive people deserve legal protection.
- If you are black in Libya, beware the American aid – we are serving the racists and rights-violators.
- Have you seen Judgment at Neuremburg lately? If the public had and knew of the indiscretions required to the invasion of Iraq and slaughter of millions, Dick Cheney would face a war crimes trial. If only… Related:
- Do women REALLY earn more than men in the marketplace? Yes. But it is $0.02, which could be statistical anomaly:
- Ridiculous…ly funny:
- Free trade vs. protectionism, a primer:
- The quick-fixes of the government on the economy are like band-aids on a zombie. We are still not over the 2008 crisis yet: