Book Review: Papal Teaching on Private Property – 1891 to 1981
(delicious scenery – random selection from my hard drive)
- My cousin sent me a great Open Letter to Osama bin Laden, which speaks to the fact that Osama screwed up and basically condemned Islam to being cast in a negative light henceforth, and now there is no going back.
- High fructose corn syrup has been linked to significant weight gain and heart problems recently. But should it be illegal? (This article was written before several significant studies came out this summer listing the horrific effects of corn syrup on rats) Hey, I have an idea. How about we stop subsidizing corn farmers and start using real sugar in our food? Let the market take care of it. But nooooooooo. Let’s keep policies that keep the rest of the world poor, our people fat, and our farmers rich from our taxes. When will we figure it out?
- Your 5th Amendment right to remain silent apparently includes when you are coming home from a trip abroad. Who woulda thunk?
- I love the smell of a new rain. Here is what causes it.
- When secular humanists are stepping up to defend the Church, you know the media is negligent, if not reckless (or even malicious in some circumstances) in their reporting.
- Would you believe me if I told you men are more affected than women by breakups? Hmmm…
- Widespread abortion is not irreversibly so. Italy proves it.
- Subsidizing unemployment is a foolhardy idea, and always has been. More of the same, I say.
- Speaking out about Koran burning = Cool. Speaking out about bible burning = Uncool. According to the anointed ones, anyway.
- Thinking about the immortality of the crab is today’s random Wikipedia entry.
Stay tuned. I have a big post coming up, about Catholicism and birth control.