Be Optimistic, Libertarians!
An email forward from this morning…
- Only in America could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $40,000 a plate campaign fund raising event.
- Only in America could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when we have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black. (12% of the population is black)
- Only in America could we have two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax dodgers, who are in favor of higher taxes.
- Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country’s Constitution be thought of as “extremists.”
- Only in America could you need to present a driver’s license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
- Only in America could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public, because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
- Only in America could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a trillion dollars more than it has per year for total spending of $7 million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn’t have nearly enough money.
- Only in America could rich people who pay 86% of all income taxes be accused of not paying their “fair share” by people who don’t pay any income taxes at all.