File these under: “Things You Should Read.” I will add them to Meet Me Halfway as well…
- The Hallmarks of Cancer (a peer-reviewed journal article about why cancer spreads as it does, and how difficult it will be to stop).
- Market Chosen Law (how a system of law would work where no monopoly is granted to the legal body).
- Two Cheers for Capitalism (reinforcement of the fact that free markets result in better education, health care, longevity, happiness, and wealth across the world).
- War Is a Racket (self explanatory; written about the first and second world wars).
- What Is Marriage? (an explanation of the definition of marriage and society’s function in preserving it as an institution. Note: I do not necessarily agree with the views therein, but it is the most honest analysis of the anti-gay marriage side of the issue that I have seen. For the lack of honest debate on the issue, even though this article and I have significant disagreement, it is well-worth the post.)
I think that is enough material for today. See you tomorrow!