The whole political scene right now makes me want to pull out all of the little hairs on my head. I haven’t posted much lately, because there isn’t one enemy of thought and freedom out there that I can put my finger on – the whole establishment is capricious and personally power-seeking. And things probably won’t change much in November, let’s be real here…
Anyway. Here are some things that have me piqued in the past week or so.
Remember who was the party of racism in this country throughout history? Yep, the Repub-… Wait, what, the Democrats? Oh, real history. I forget real history sometimes with the things I hear in the media:
Oh how things have changed when it comes to responsible fiscal policy and what our presidents actually understand about economics:
All of the youth that voted for Obama and this Congress can pay the bills they keep amassing in our names. That would be the responsible thing to do:
- The internet is in all sorts of dangers these days. The Obama Administration wants to be able to read/view your private documents/emails/letters/etc. Goodbye, 4th Amendment. Of course, Bush (and his Democrat-controlled Congress, of course) helped pave the way for this one with the P.A.T.R.I.O.T Act, but this expansion of such thinking is stunning. And don’t stop there. Congress wants to blacklist some IP addresses. But that isn’t all. Internationally, things are getting worse as well:
- More laws aren’t just the solution to the ‘problems’ posed by the internet. They are also the solution to the drug war, apparently. I honestly fail to see what is ‘liberal’ about this Administration. What does the term even mean any more?
- Then again, it isn’t just Left vs. Right. It is the alliance of government and corporations that is one of the huge problems we face, and it is getting worse… Again, when I hear that the Left (or Right) is pro-small business, I just have to laugh. Is that the line the corporation that gave you that free vacation told you to say so you’d vote for their agenda?:
- I recently got into a little spat with one of my professors about the Wage Gap, and how the numbers cited by most people nowadays (77 or 85 cents to each 1 dollar, woman to man) are total bullshit. She didn’t like it. I even provided her 9 studies. Want them? Men are stupid juveniles though, don’t forget that undoubtedly correct and widespread stereotype.
- If the word ‘nonprofit’ is used to describe an organization, we automatically think it is a good thing. Why?
- Israel is a corrupt warmongering nation. Defense is not killing 6,000+ people while only losing 1,000.
- Finally, landfills might be greener than recycling. But don’t expect anything to come of it, nor will most people believe it…
My favorite economists also have things to say about the present scene…
What does it mean when people say the gap between the rich and poor is expanding? Not much:
Equality of starting point is a good thing. But equality of result is WRONG:
Capitalism is hindered by government:
Which hinders the movement of the poor:
Morality, ethics, and the way you believe what they tell you to: