Until Further Titling – Week Four: Proofs of God
Here are a few articles I have collected that are worthy of a click’n’read (I added a few sites in “Links” as well)…
- Time, yet again for the annual story I have posted for three years around this time: Army says “no more tanks”; Congress says “Oh, you’re gonna have more tanks, all right.” We cannot disassemble this beast, democratic as it is. Collapse is the only way out.
- Add the 5th Amendment to the list of rights that no longer apply to us.
- Straight from the mouth of one who worked on our drone program: the politicians have no idea what they are unleashing in using these things around the world.
- Another list of things we know the NSA can do. More to come on that, I am sure. Ed Snowden has published some great stuff on the run. Related: FBI changes its mission from “law enforcement” to “national security.” Watch out, though. If you are a proponent of small government, you are a suspect. Orwell was right…?
- “Kiddie porn? No we don’t investigate that when it happens here in our office,” says the Pentagon.
- Some guy put up a sign warning people that a cop was camped out ahead giving speeding tickets. Said guy was arrested, because the truth of the matter is that safety is not the purpose of police ticketing citizens; money is. Related: Red-light cameras aren’t there for safety; they are there to collect more money for the government. And the business is cronyist and sleazy to begin with.
- When rape or molestation is a product of an entertainer, we ignore it.
- Hope for anarchism?: “New Zealand school bans playground rules and sees less bullying and vandalism“
- People are devising clever methods of getting out of Obamacare, accessible with a google search. Here is a good example.
- God is the first and fullness of what it means to be a libertarian.
- I would highly recommend the blog Well Spent Journey for reflection on our culture from a Christian perspective. You can start here: Evidence for Christianity.
- Well Spent Journey featured another column, “Does Religion ‘Poison Everything’?” As it turns out, the answer is no.
- A chemist hired by many prosecutors has been found to have faked the evidence for 40,000 cases. Meanwhile, it is the free market that is corrupt and greedy.
- I am yet torn on the proposition that fractional reserve banking is evil in itself, as opposed to evil because it has been cartelized by the government today. Here is a column supporting the former of the two positions…
- “Libertarians just want to turn back the clock!” Yes, we do.
- Secondhand smoke isn’t dangerous.
- Many of the problems we face can be laid at the feet of the Baby Boomers.
- A challenge from SolaVirtus: Can you find a column that is more intellectually vapid than this one about how consistency in ideology is overrated? I really will give you $10.
- Again, why the CPI is questionable.
That should keep you busy…