Until Further Titling – Week Four: Proofs of God
Gather your brain cells for contemplation on the following…
- Help: Any thoughts on whether this is true about microwaves?
- We live in one of the greatest periods in history, thanks to the progress of medicine and luxury. You can thank the free market for most of these things!
- Government redistribution happens, all right. Old people steal from the young, for example.
- Republicans are ignorant about evolution, but Democrats can’t even figure out that the earth goes around the sun in a year. Neither seem to ever have heard any decent political or economic ideas.
- We used to execute Japanese soldiers for waterboarding our men in WWII. Now we endorse the practice. Funny how morality is fluid like that.
- There is a moral argument to be made that CEOs should cut their own pay for the good of the company. But how much will it help? More on inequality to come this week.
- Mainstream economics is utterly vapid.
- The institutional Catholic Church, a secret evil entity that controls the world by telling people not to have meaningless sex because sex might actually mean something and having, you know, actual standards of behavior, has provoked the ire of many by opening its finances up to external audit. How will we keep up the belief that the Church is a money grubbing conspiracy if we can see what it is doing with its money????
- Gay drone supporters. I think that about does it justice.
- We don’t need government monitors in the newsrooms, with cases like Amber Lyon and CNN’s or MSNBC’s blatant lying for the sake of power. Stop watching the news.
- Much of the hand-wringing and commercializing of warnings about meth are overblown or downright false. Legalize even this.
- The flying spaghetti monster and Zeus are poor criticisms of what Christians believe. Our God is transcendent, like mathematics, non-temporal, and non-rivalrous. He is not the god that atheism aims its sights on, and humanity is not in competition with his essence. Atheists, be smarter than that.
- DHS has a license-plate-tracking program that the O Admin has placed its support behind. Fingers crossed that this time we catch all of the speeders and terrorists.
- It is the regulatory apparatus that has led us to expensive healthcare. An overhaul of that apparatus by such a means as Obamacare will not help us now – all that will is deregulation.
- Our culture of tolerance for the purpose of comfort leaves much desired – most specifically truth.
- For future reference, the CCC’s deontological definition.