A survey of dying individuals found the following 5 regrets to be most prevalent:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Read the reasons why here. I find number 2 particularly interesting in a culture that often defines success as working very hard at your occupation. “You know not the day or the hour…” so make sure you don’t have any regrets…