Everything & All at Once. From the “I didn’t know these things” file…
- The presidential debates aren’t really debates at all, at least, no more than professional wrestling is real combat. Remember the word “softball” when you ponder watching the debates next year…
- The IMF is beginning to rate the U.S. economy as in decline. Ironic that a Keynesian meta-institution would call the score correctly but fail to see that it is central banking and over-leveraging that led to the decline in the first place. If you are so inclined to learn a bit more about why the Keynesian paradigm fails and will always do so, there is some great amateur work giving 5 reasons here.
- My master plan of a magnet-based energy source is a step closer to reality today. Take that, laws of physics!
- Coastlines may be infinite in length, thanks to fractals. HUH? THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!? Yes. F*cking bikes, how do they work? [- it is a meme, not just a superfluous swearin’.]
- Tomorrow, a man will be executed, and Rick Perry will cheer somewhere. He, like his party, seems to be pro-life and anti-government only when they are not ordering executions.
- Meanwhile, Romney rails against programs that conservatives hate, but invests in them on the side. We just have an all-star line-up of candidates this year, don’t we?
- But it isn’t like you have a better choice on the other side. Or wait… The One seems pretty honest, doesn’t he?
- Executive Orders are unconstitutional legislation by the executive branch. The One doesn’t seem to mind. Here is a list of his.
- Study: When people die in wars, generally we do a “sunk-cost” calculation, which increases pro-war feelings. It is similar to gambling or the stock market. And it is science, just like the science that says girls are better looking than guys.
- I repeat what others say better – WWII did not pull us out of the Great Depression. We can’t war our way out of this recession (but we can make it worse)…
- Obama was put in office by being bred for it and having obstacles removed from his path quite suspiciously, Bob Wenzel notes. Wenzel also sees good and humble men – humble to the point that technology means nothing and religion and family are the world – being harassed by an overreaching state. This one is disgusting.
- The European Union, tyrannical and thefty as it is, retroactively extends copyright protection to works whose dates passed into the open source domain. More thieving
asthan usual, it seems. Dirtbags… Oh, almost forgot. You’re paying them to further their incessant spending, because the Fed just lent them another amount with lots of zeros. If you are a holder of U.S. dollars, that is. Meanwhile, more and more analysts see gold continuing to rise. It may not matter as far as reserve currency status goes, though, since Gary North asks “if not dollars, then what?”..
- Is Social Security a Ponzi Scheme? No, it’s worse, because you have no choice but to pay into it. Is Medicare a program with horrible effects? Not according to those who want to use it as a political shield.
- When will the left understand?: Forced giving is not compassionate.
- Sometimes it is not so obvious how government action is bad for the people. Like corn subsidies, which have made sugar more expensive than corn syrup, which has created health problems for the populous. Can you see what is bad about this headline?: MTV’s Jersey Shore cost taxpayers $420,000.
- It isn’t one of the Commandments, but it is a great moral law that you should not pick up devices of evil to fight evil. PETA disagrees, and is launching a porn line to help animals. I can TOTALLY see how that will help people not abuse their pets.
- Progressivism, i.e. the expansion of the state for all purposes, has blood on its hands. Serious blood…
- Why does the government exist, in its most basic form? To protect you right? Nope, not in America.
- Demand UP = Costs UP + Standards DOWN. Even works for education!
- The day is coming when living in the U.S. will mean being unable to go off the grid.
- K, I am done now. After I show you how totally rad an orca whale boat can be.