Here are some things I have found of late while surfing around the interwebs…
- Dinesh D’Souza has been appointed the prez of King’s College in NY. Perfect opportunity in my opinion for the Catholics to do something for the evangelicals.
- Mark Shea (of course) talks about the spirit versus the letter of the law in Catholicism. I am a man of the spirit, for sure…
- In Saudi Arabia, the whole “eye for an eye” thing has led a court to ruling that a man should be surgically paralyzed for paralyzing another man in a fight. The backwardness of the Middle East governments never ceases to amaze…
- Here is an interesting site that has listed the genealogy from Adam to Jesus. I wanna memorize it.
- Is it any surprise that atheist doctors are more likely to proceed with treatment that will hasten a patient’s death? Not to me!
Fr. Barron on Inception:
Fr. Barron on Anne Rice leaving Catholicism/Christianity:
- Embryonic Stem Cell Research can now be funded by the government, after Obama lifted Bush’s ban. But maybe the reasons are not so sound…
- Ignorance of the law is no excuse for committing a crime. But it seems to be a great excuse for wrongful treatment by the police or judiciary. I have seen lots of this, and there is really no way around it except educating the judiciary and its enforcers…
- The Grateful Dead heightened their own popularity by allowing bootleggers to use their music. Modern examples like Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead come to mind as similar giants of today.
- Your state is blowing it by borrowing more and more money to pay for government programs. Unless you live in Nebraska. I would pay my own way there. Here it is laid out per capita.
- Lord knows a federal appeals court claiming highway crosses were unconstitutional will be overturned. Ridiculous. Passes the Lemon Test with flying colors. This judge had to be an idiot.
The federal government can do anything it wants:
Other random thingies:
- All of the Crayola crayon flavors are on Wikipedia. Just in case you wanted to revisit your childhood…
- Yet another fruit that I have not tried and want to (new item on bucket list: try every fruit God put on this earth before I die) is the Miracle Fruit, which makes lemons taste yummy.
- Speaking of dying, these are the most common ways in the U.S. to become worm food.
- Some scientist guy says we are running out of helium and helium baloons should cost more like $100 each. That squeaky voice probably costs you $25 bucks.
- The goats of Ragnarok: Tanngrisnir and Tanngnjóstr. ‘Nuff said.
- I am ready for a black-hole-powered spaceship. I hope our physics are too.
- Most of the time, criminal athletes are total scumbags. Not Donte Stallworth.
- A victim treats his mugger right.
It isn’t easy imagining ten dimensions. But this will help (first 4 are easy, so I didn’t include those):
When law school’s got me down, I just follow Jessica’s routine:
New favorite animal?:
Is this real?:
If I had one of these, my apartment would be destroyed:
Unnecessary subtitles are funny: