Book Review: Papal Teaching on Private Property – 1891 to 1981
- I’ve posted on Norman Borlaug before, but I ran across this article this morning discussing him in a little more of a social justice context than the hippie video I posted previously. What a badass.
- On a related note, does going green make you more virtuous? It doesn’t seem so…
- On another related note… Social justice is a code word for nazism and communism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where he previously just annoyed me, now Glib Beck is really starting to piss me off. “If you find [a teaching on social justice in your Church], run as fast as you can. Social justice and economic justice, they are code words. Now, am I advising people to leave their church? Yes!” More to come on this for sure. This guy has lost it and is starting to conflict with the spirit of freedom and every religion but Mormonism like never before…
- I don’t know much about the census, but aren’t the historically disproportional costs a bit strange? Someone want to tell me that isn’t absurd?
- For your info, an article at CERC recently broke down historical heresies so even a babybrain can understand. If you don’t know about any of them, it is probably about time you learn.
- It was once the proud declaration of many educators that “We are here to teach you how to think, not what to think.” But far too many of our teachers and professors today are teaching their students what to think, about everything from global warming to the new trinity of “race, class and gender.”
- Fr. Barron has a blog! In celebration, here is his latest video on religions drifters:
And here is Judge Jim Gray on the six groups that benefit from the illegal status of drugs: