- Mark Shea: “Global Climate Disruption. Global warming is one of those things fraught with pseudoknowledge: Knowledge that people “know” not because they actually know it, but because a lot of people in the media have repeated it a lot and lots of other people you know look at you with disdain if you say, “But all you really know is what a lot of people in the media are repeating as fact.” Very few people are actual scientists with competence in the field. We are, by and large, laymen who trust in a white-coated priesthood to mediate reality to us.”
- The media isn’t left wing, it is straight statist. Maybe that’s why NOBODY likes them.
- Overpopulation alarmism is the opposite of true.
- Time travelers from the 80’s or so head back to the 20’s? Any other explanation you can think of?
- Hysteria makes for good news, even about things with no scientific connection to reality.
- Watch the Obamacare lawsuits pile up!
- Foreign phrases that don’t make sense.
- Obama supporters aren’t smarter than Tea Partiers:
- Then again, even the White House is disingenuous about economics these days:
- I want a new pet called a mimic octopus:
- The McGurk Effect… Baaa. Baaa. Faaa. Baaa. Faaa:
- This guy is a serious whack job in a lot of ways, but he is absolutely right on this one – the new TSA search procedures are ridiculous and offensive:
- What do you know about what Catholics think about the Virgin Mary?:
And today’s lecture is Tom Woods explaining how it was our regulations and governmental policy that led to the housing bubble burst:
Here’s a debate on the gold standard for good measure (Ron Paul vs. Charles Partee):